2017 Suzuki Hayabusa
The Suzuki Hayabusa is quite simply the Ultimate Sportbike. Twist the throttle and it responds with awesome acceleration and crisp throttle response in every gear with an unbelievable top-end charge. Thanks to a lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and state-of-the-art suspension; that performance is matched by equally impressive handling; providing exceptional control in tight corners; reassuring stability in sweeping turns and a smooth ride on the highway. The sleek; aerodynamic body work functions as it appears so the Hayabusa slips through the wind like a Peregrine Falcon.
Features may include:
- Powerful 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected; liquid-cooled DOHC engine built to deliver a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration.
- Forged three-ring aluminum-alloy slipper pistons provide superior strength; while PVD-coated rings reduce friction and improve cylinder sealing.
- The chrome nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) piston ring coating is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating; reducing friction while improving sealing to the cylinder.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat dissipation; durability and ring seal.
- U-shaped cutouts in the cylinder-bore sides allow air pressure created by descending pistons to escape to adjacent cylinders to reduce internal pumping pressure and mechanical power losses.
- Lightweight titanium valves allow use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control.
- Iridium spark plugs produce more complete combustion and last longer than conventional plugs.
- Curved radiator with a compact; dense-core design and two ECM-controlled electric fans keep the engine temperature stable.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- Twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame built with castings and extrusions to produce a balance or lightweight and strength.
- Rear sub-frame made of rectangular steel tubing for ample weight carrying capacity.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small road surface irregularities.
- The front forks and the single rear shock absorber both have fully adjustable spring preload; compression and rebound damping.
- Standard-equipment steering damper quells unwanted vibration and steering forces.
- Three-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
- Dual 310mm (12.2 inch) floating-brake rotors are mated with radial-mount Brembo monobloc front brake calipers. The calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers; deliver better feedback; and are ?tted with larger pistons that increase initial bite for greater controllability. The hollow-type mounting bolts further reduce weight.
- Solo 260mm (10.2 inch) rotor is grabbed by a single-piston rear brake caliper.
- The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight; compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent; to a certain extent; wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking; by matching stopping power to available traction.