2016 Suzuki GSX-R1000
The secret to the GSX-R1000’s legendary performance is an unrivaled combination of awesome power and precision handling. Its powerplant features cutting-edge designs like lightweight; forged pistons designed using Finite Element Method analysis; helping it provide incredible acceleration out of corners; matched by stunning top-end performance. Its chassis is designed for optimum rigidity; providing responsive steering and rock-solid stability even through wide-open sweepers.
Features may include:
- Potent 999cc; 4-cylinder powerplant; with a bore and stroke of 74.5 x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire RPM range plus a true potential for racetrack dominance.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- SHOWA Big Piston front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven lightweight design that delivers superb feedback and response. Spring preload; rebound and compression damping are all fully adjustable.
- The dual front disc brakes are equipped with the premier; radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers grasping 310mm floating brake rotors.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.