2014 Yamaha YZF-R6
THE RACER'S CHOICE
From winnig the Daytona 200 to conquering the urban maze; the YZF-R6 turns heads as effortlessly as it does corner. Light; powerful and bristling with nearly every cutting-edge innovation; it features a taunt; tunable chassis that lets it maneuver from upright to full lean instantly - and carve tight; perfect lines. If you're for the ultimate 600; look no further.
Key Features May Include:
- Light; powerful; and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing; the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with YCC-T® ; Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle system-for flawless response under all conditions.
- YCC-I®; Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake; is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband.
- Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Compact; lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm; 599cc DOHC 16-valve; liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1; for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- Deltabox® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- Four-way adjustable (preload; high-speed compression; low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.